Saturday, April 2, 2011

March maddness and de-hairing

Um wow, crazy last few days, and by crazy i mean fun. i will avoid long chunks of writing and go for bullet points.

-my housemates and i were not able to do a march maddness bracket this year, but we all picked 1 team that would go all the way. i picked Uconn, my roommate picked KU and my last housemate never got around to picking one. well as we checked the bracket, we saw that KU and UCONN were doing really well. last week we found out they would play each other. we made a deal that whoever goes all the way and wins has to buy the other lunch in Nairobi. the original bet was a pineapple, but we upped the anty. so i checked today, and UCONN beat KU 56-55. now they have to beat butler and it will be mine.

-as a end of term gift to my favorite class, standard 5, i allowed them to shave my head. since my beard has grown out, most of the kids have said to shave both my head and face. i refused. but my roommate let his best class shave his, so i got mine done too. the standard 5 kids have never shaved a head before mine, so i have a few cuts on my head. but no worries. they thought it was a great time. pics on FB it you want to see. i am bald now, but have a beard. i look like jeff bridges in iron man.

-schools out. end of term was friday, so now a lot of the kids went back to families or guardians for the month of april . no school for a whole month is very nice. i feel like it's my own summer break or something. but this is my spring break, which i can like. we are planning trips to Nairobi and i have missions press buisness which will boom during that time.

-today is my half way mark. in 2 months i will be on a plane coming home. weird to think. we are supposed to have 3 new housemates from colorado coming in may, which that will be fun too.

-i am pretty sure i sprained my big toe. and i have a huge scar now from helping move heavy bags of building equipment.

well that is all i can think of right now. i will find something cool to write about this week.

score one for dixie.

No comments:

Post a Comment